In 1956, the Florida District of the Wesleyan Methodist Church, under the leadership of Rev. Foster Piatt, purchased 30 acres of land along Jasmine Drive. This was to be a location for church conferences and youth meetings. Over time, cottages were built and the beginning of Wesleyan Village was underway. By 1970, the church conference determined the future would be better managed through local control. Wesleyan Bible Conference Association was organized and still exists today, although we are better known today as the Wesleyan Village. The village started hosting a Camp Meeting and Bible Conference annually, which has continued to this day. Wesleyan Village grew and now manages 270 acres and approximately 400 properties, as well as an RV park and apartments.